InstaDeep Ltd is a leading company that develops cutting-edge artificial intelligence products and solutions for major global and local clients in Europe, the US, Africa, and the Middle East. We focus on developing enterprise decision making systems that solve existing problems across a range of industries using advanced machine learning, reinforcement learning, and deep learning. Our expertise spans across research, product and solution development, allowing the whole end-to-end solution to be developed in-house across our teams in London, Paris, Lagos, Cape Town, Dubai, and Tunis.
Our proactive approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of high-quality clients, ensures a challenging and exciting environment to work and thrive in. In our mission to stay ahead of the curve, we are proud to partner with firms such as BioNTech SE, Google DeepMind, Nvidia and Intel, and world-class universities such as Oxford, Imperial College and French Universities.
At BioAI, we advance healthcare and push the boundaries of medical science through a combination of expertise in biology and machine learning. We launched a portfolio of initiatives across drug discovery and design, protein engineering, etc. In Dec. 2020, InstaDeep released DeepChain, an AI-powered, cloud-native, GPU-accelerated platform for protein design. Its core functionalities are built on a proven optimization framework leveraging state of the art search algorithms and protein language models. Another key research area is the development of next-generation vaccines and biopharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancer and prevention and therapy of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
In collaboration with research engineers and computational biologists from the BioAI team, you will be contributing to the development of new approaches in molecular modelling, protein interactions, protein designs and other related domains, by applying your technical and analytical skills. You will use distributed computing systems to perform data generation, processing, analysis and machine learning. You will understand the underlying bioinformatics problem and perform quantitative analysis to explain the data and models, provide insights, identify and solve challenges during the research and development. You will also be responsible for writing high-quality, maintainable, well documented and modular software libraries.
Keywords: Data Analysis, Statistics, High-Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Language Models, Computational Biology, Protein Design, Protein Engineering
- Perform computational intensive tasks with large and complex data using distributed computing systems (CPUs, GPUs, TPUs, Cloud, etc.).
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and statistical modelling to interpret the data and to improve models.
- Report results clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Write high-quality, maintainable and modular code together with concise documentation.
- Design, implement and deliver complex pieces of research and engineering as part of a multi-functional team.
- Master or PhD degree in applied mathematics, computer science, or related scientific field.
- Experience in statistics, data science, high-performance computing, machine learning demonstrated via previous work, publications, contributions to open source projects, or coding competitions.
- Relevant experience in bioinformatics is a plus.
- Proficient software engineering experience (Python, Pytorch, Docker, Linux).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Appropriate work permit for the considered location.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact.
- Varied challenges across industries.
- Cooperation across European and African offices.
- Gym Membership.
- Annual offsite events.