We’re looking for an Application Data Engineer to join our team! Advanced Systems Group, LLC (ASG) provides onsite managed services for the world's largest search engine headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
This is a full time salaried role with benefits, supporting our client for a fixed term of 6-8 months with the possibility of extension. This position is remote through September 2021, and will then be located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Design and implement data transforms to build a data warehouse
- Build systems to collect data from Public APIs and store data in an internal data warehouse
- Design, build, launch, optimize and extend full-stack Big Data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, transformation and visualization layers
- Maintain highest levels of development practices (e.g., technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution) writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code, with repeatable quality and predictability
- Partner with product area business, engineering, privacy, security and legal to build stable and scalable data collection processes
- Partner with user teams and other Engineering/Product teams on development, support issues, process issues, bug fixes and delivery of enhancements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, other technical degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of software development using Java, C++, Go, or Python
- Experience in querying data from a Public API / data crawler
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience developing business big data solutions, including data-modeling, data architecture, data platform development and optimization.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (e.g., analysis, design, build, test, deploy, support)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- 4+ years of Programming experience in SQL
- Experience in building scalable data pipelines capable of aggregating and processing terabytes of data
- Experience in data warehouse integration using a variety of data sources
- Understanding of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies in the big data and data warehousing space (BigQuery, Cloud Functions, etc.)
- Experience in analytics
Remote Working Requirements:
- Reliable home internet connectivity
- Ability to troubleshoot own devices & connectivity
Powered by JazzHR