At TripActions, It's all about the user. All of them. We're passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they're going.
As part of our global Data team based from the EMEA Headquarters located in Amsterdam, you will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization ranging from our core travel product, next-level expense management and finance to transform data into data products and actionable insights and tools. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers. We take great pride in our diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives and we strongly believe this is helping us to grow as a successful and impactful team. To learn more about our team, you can watch this recent talk on the types of problems we work on and this one on how we work together as a group.
We are looking for a data scientist to join our team and help take our data science capability to the next level!
In partnership with business stakeholders, build and develop data science products like recommenders, predictive models, and customer and product segmentation. Tasks include:
- Identifying business problem and translating them into successful data science implementations
- Estimate how much time a project will require for completion, what are the bottlenecks, and staying on track regarding deliverables and deadlines
- In partnership with Data Engineering, designing and implementing data flows to support and enable data products
- Build, evaluate, deploy and monitor model(s) for the product
- Build visualizations and insight dashboards to support usage and understanding of your data products
- Implement controls in your products to ensure ongoing reliability and accuracy
- Conduct advanced univariate and multivariate analysis on large data sets to generate insights and recommendations in projects like NPS sentiment analysis, A/B testing, drivers analysis, and best customer attribute modeling
- Provide business expertise and guidance (consultative partnership) on how to apply DS products and insights within business operations and strategy
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in the area of data science
- Ph.D. or Masters in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or information science
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Science
- Experienced and proficient in machine learning/deep learning tooling, for example Python (including scipy, numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow) , R and Spark
- Experienced and proficient in using SQL to build and manage data sources for analysis
- Experienced and proficient in modeling techniques like regression, dimension reduction, supervised and unsupervised learning, collaborative filtering, and deep learning (RNNs, CNNs, LSTMs)
- Experienced in representing your findings and models via BI tools like Tableau
- Familiar with development best practices in building data science products via tools like git
- Ability to translate business opportunities and needs into analytics projects and data science products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytics and models in human interpretable insights