Our client is actively searching for a Data Scientist to join their Quantitative Strategy team that work on data projects for the public good!
If you are a dynamic individual seeking a new career opportunity, read further!
As a Data Scientist, you will be identifying opportunities for data exploitation through in depth conversations with business stakeholders. You will scope out data science projects with clear deliverables that are actionable and impactful, and execute them in close iteration with the stakeholders.
You are a great communicator who can engage stakeholders on sharpening their business problems, obtaining feedback and sharing findings to influence actionable outcomes. You are dextrous in data manipulation, data modelling and data visualisation,
and can identify the most appropriate tools and techniques for each business use case. You are a problem solver with a strong analytical skills, and can be relied upon to deliver sound data science solutions.The responsibilities of this role are:
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualities and experience:
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders to understand their business challenges, sharpen the business use cases and translate them into data science projects
- Perform data cleaning, pre-processing, feature engineering, and build data science models to address the use case
- Depending on the use case, design of dashboards and interactive visualisations as tools for data exploration and storytelling may be expected
- Present findings, solicit feedback and prioritise refinements to the analysis in close iteration with stakeholders while managing overall project timeline
- Communicate the data insights in a clear and compelling narrative, supported with impactful visuals, to influence key decision makers
- Potentially deployed to another government agency for a sustained period of 2-3 years, to build up data science capabilities at the agency. This will involve formulating and implementing strategies to build strong pipeline of impactful projects at the agency and executing these projects
Preferred (Additional requirements which are not necessary pre-requisites):
- Disciplines in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science, or related degrees. We will also factor in relevant certifications (e.g. Coursera)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in public sector or data science field
- Knowledgeable in data science techniques and concepts, with sound understanding of their potentials and limitations when applied to business use cases
- Training and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data science tools such as R, Python
- Visual analytics tools like Tableau, Qlik
All applicants' CV will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Experience in model deployment
- Experience in project management
- Experience in developing capability in others