Here at Maersk we’re embarking on an industry-defining transformation, on a bold new direction, expanding our capabilities to become a true end-to-end logistics provider that can deliver intelligent solutions for customers around the world. It’s a big moment for all of us – and we all have our part to play.What We Offer
To work at Maersk is to work with the world. You’ll learn from – and collaborate with – skilled professionals who literally move the world, every day. With a supportive environment to develop your skills, you’ll gain access to world-class learning programmes to accelerate your career goals. And you’ll find yourself welcome in our diverse and inclusive culture, where you are valued for who you are and rewarded for what you bring.Position Description
We are seeking an Azure Senior Data Engineer
who has strong experience in DWH and ETL technologies on Big Data and Azure cloud and experience in real time data processing. Candidates must have strong communication skills that allow you to regularly deal with stakeholders, as well as with specialists from related fields including POs, architects, and other Engineers. They should show some proven experience in the architecture definition ensuring the scalability, reliability, and performance.What you’ll be doing:
To succeed in this role, we believe that you can offer:
- Facilitate data integration, data conformity, data integrity and ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements.
- Design data warehouse models, ensuring data design follows the prescribed reference architecture framework while reflecting appropriate business rules built for logical, physical and conceptual model.
- Understand the relationships across business information and units of data, Reverse engineer data from various source systems.
- Collect, interpret and analyse large volumes of data across various business functions.
- Develop data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Transform raw data into meaningful, understandable insights using statistical tools and techniques.
- Actively mentor and guide other Data Engineers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing culture within the team.
- Take a lead role in defining and implementing the overall data architecture, ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate with different team members, including management, IT, and other stakeholders to understand data needs and deliver solutions.
- Data Security and Compliance: Implement and enforce data security measures to protect sensitive information; ensure compliance with data governance and privacy regulations.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for data processes, workflows and solutions; facilitate knowledge transfer within the team.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Have experience cleansing, manipulating and analysing large datasets both structured and unstructured.
- Exceptional data
- Project experience using Azure cloud, data lake storage, Data factory, Spark/Databricks, Python or Java, Kafka (for streaming and real time data consumption).
- Experience using tools for efficient data virtualization, exploration, and transformation tools (Dremio)
- Experience in creating Batch and Realtime Data pipelines on Azure (preferentially).
- Experience in performance tuning of complex ETL mappings for relational and non-relational workloads.
- Advanced SQL programming, PySpark, PL/SQL or T-SQL, SparkSQL
- Hands on Unix scripting or PowerShell, experience with Azure PaaS services
- Hadoop Data Serialization mechanism line PARQUET, AVRO, ORC.
- Hands on experience in Azure, preferably data heavy / analytics applications leveraging relational and NoSQL databases, data warehouse and big data.
- Native speaker Portuguese and Advanced English (spoken, written, reading)
- Technical and English proficiency is differential
Maersk is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we embrace different styles of thinking.
- Should be familiar with project management strategies and frameworks, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Business Understanding to transform business requirements into technical solutions.
- Clear Communication to be align with stakeholders, project managers and the internal team.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse problems, identify efficient solutions, and implement them is crucial.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Effective teamwork is essential in data environments. This includes collaborating with data scientists, business analysts, and other team members to achieve.
- Analytical Skills: In addition to technical skills, the ability to think analytically is vital. This involves analysing data, identifying trends and insights, and making informed decisions.
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning to be able to demonstrate the willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and methods, as well as a commitment to continuous learning.
- Critical Thinking to critically evaluate information and make informed decisions. This is crucial to ensuring data quality and the accuracy of analyses.
- Technical Leadership to be able to lead technical discussions with the development team.
Maersk is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, colour, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or parental leave, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.We are happy to support your need for any adjustments during the application and hiring process.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, apply for a position, or to perform a job, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
This is a big moment for us – we have a clear vision for the future of global trade and there’s never been a more exciting time to take part.Are you ready?