Job Number: R0184828
Data AnalystThe Opportunity:
As data analyst, you love diving into data and turning it into meaningful insights. With the abundance of structured and unstructured data, you understand the importance of transforming complex data sets into useful information to solve challenges. As a data analyst at Booz Allen, you can use your skills and experience to support a mission and use data for good. We need a data analyst like you to bring your knowledge to support the client mission.
As a data analyst on our team, you will use your skills and experience to research, develop, and test data methodologies and data sets and turn the results it into meaningful insights. With the abundance of structured and unstructured data, you understand the importance of transforming complex data sets into useful information to solve challenges. As a data analyst, you can use your skills and experience to support a mission and use data for good. As a client-facing data analyst on our team, you’ll work closely with the clients to understand their needs and expectations, and then navigate their data-rich environments to distill and compile pieces of their information to provide meaningful results. Not only will you provide a deeper understanding of their data, but you’ll also advise what the information means and how it can be used to make an impact on identifying potential threats. You will work with System Engineering team members to develop data-centric Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) artifacts.How You’ll Contribute:
As a data analyst on our team, you’ll:
- Use your technical knowledge and analytical mindset to support client and stakeholder relationships.
- Research, develop, and test data methodologies, and generate cross-functional solutions through collection, interpretation, evaluation, and analysis of large data sets.
- Contribute to impactful work and guide decision-making across multiple organizations.
- Apply consulting and communication skills and data analytics experience by simplifying technical requirements and trends, based on audience.
- Present data findings and recommendations to clients and stakeholders using your knowledge of databases, scripting languages such as SQL or Python, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics and key performance indicators to drive technical outcomes.
- Apply data visualization through different formats such as graphs, tables, and PowerPoint slides.
- Grow your communication and technical skills by merging consulting and big data to create data-centric solutions to support our client's mission.
Work with us to help drive large-scale business and process decisions through data insights.
Join us. The world can’t wait.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience assessing complex qualitative and quantitative information to draft intelligence products or assessments
- Experience drafting clear, concise, and analytic written products
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative analysis and methodology development
- Experience working effectively on analytic teams
- Experience with aggregating and analyzing from large enterprise data sets or data lakes
- Experience with techniques of manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing large data using Excel or databases
- Ability to apply critical thinking and solutions with minimal oversight
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience with using digital engineering tools to design DoD systems
- Experience with modeling or requirements tools, such as Magic Draw or Cameo, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or IBM Rhapsody or DOORS
- Experience working with the DoD
- Experience analyzing and visualizing large data using any SIEM tool
- TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.Compensation
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,300.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.