We are looking for a highly motivated person with demonstrable experience as a Machine Learning Engineer with focus on search and information retrieval. You play an important role within our Dev and Machine Learning team and play a leading role in our R&D team and contribute to solving large-scale challenges in the machine learning development cycle. Most important is that you are driven by what we do and want to contribute a meaningful share to our success and be part of the next generation of market intelligence tooling.
- Identify, implement and evaluate machine learning approaches to improve delphai’s search engine. Use data to improve accessibility, ranking and relevance of search results. Leverage search queries to understand user searches.
- Make key decisions on our ML/NLP architecture. Design and implement scalable machine learning models in the search domain that can handle big unstructured data and achieve highly accurate and relevant search results.
- Work closely together with our engineering team on deploying and including machine learning models, and take responsibility of the machine learning lifecycle management.
- Explore and deliver state-of-the-art methods for neural/semantic search to production. Improve search features, such as autocompletion and query resolution.
- Develop evaluation techniques to gauge the performance and accuracy of the models you build, while also advocating for good data quality and high performance.
- You have a degree in a relevant field and two years of relevant experience in industry.
- You have designed high quality search algorithms for large and complex textual data for business applications. Experience with deploying and maintaining a production search system is a plus.
- You have a proven record of working with Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene. Experience with designing Elasticsearch indices is a plus.
- You have experience with artificial neural networks and deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.) with focus on information retrieval. Experience with learning to rank approaches or recommendation systems is a plus.
- You have knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to NLP and machine learning.
- You are proficient in Python.
- You enjoy cooperating and communicating both within and outside your core team.
- You strive for fantastic user experience in the search domain.
- High level of responsibility and autonomy with a steep learning curve.
- A competitive salary.
- Generous educational budget fitted to your personal career goals.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year.
- Flexible working hours.
If this sounds like you, send your application and CV to Leonie Häsler by end of April with interviews in the following week. Relevant references, certificates, and links to previous work are more than welcome.