We are looking for ambitious, forward thinking self-starters to join our aspiring and international company, who can keep up with our pace and want to make a difference as a:
Lead Data Scientist (m/f/x)
from now on
Travelcircus is seeking a Lead Data Scientist (m/f/x) whose primary responsibility will be to drive the development of our analytics infrastructure and projects. As an ideal candidate you should have extensive hands on experience in building analytics solutions, predictive models and processes that will support our business. Your decisions should be based on a clear vision of what Data Science can and will bring into Travelcircus and be translated in solutions on how to execute that vision with all internal stakeholders. The position is full time and based in our great office in Berlin.
Things you will work on:
- You develop and implement concepts to measure the success of our products and features
- You provide on-demand analyses for different stakeholders to drive key business decisions
- You derive insights from customer feedback and usage data to provide input for new product developments
- You ensure data quality end integrity
- You build predictive models
- You develope dashboards and descriptive analytics solutions
- You take care of data integration and data management
- You establish yourself as a data science ambassador across business units and functions
What we offer:
- FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS
Flexitime (core working hours 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- COOL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Stylish loft office with start-up flair, daily cooking together, fun & team spirit at and besides the workplace with many team events, the opportunity to contribute to the development of our platform and products
- TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION
Direct feedback, weekly company meetings
- GREAT CAREER POSSIBILITIES
Comprehensive onboarding program and individual support during the induction phase, continuous on-the-job training, flat hierarchies, rapidly growing company with optimal opportunities for advancement and further development
- FREE DRINKS & SNACKS
Coffee, tea, water, mate, soft drinks, beer, juices & fruit basket
for the BVG company ticket (local public transport), staff discounts on our entire product portfolio as well as competitive, skill-dependent, negotiable salary – don’t hesitate to approach us
- You offer a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist or similar role, ideally within the e-commerce or travel industry
- You have a proven track record of team mentorship and technical leadership for around 2 years
- You are used to use and maintain Google Analytics products and have hands-on experience with scripting Python
- You are a strong communicator - verbally, visually and written - and can effectively communicate in both, business and technical terms
- You own an excellent mathematical understandig as well as statistical skillset and are able to translate data into business suitable presentations
- You have profund experience using SQL, ETL, databases in a business environment with complex datasets as well as experience with distributed databases and infrastructures (Cassandra, Presto/Trino)
Travelcircus (www.travelcircus.de) is a fast growing online booking platform giving people the ability to book premium, quality checked and unique hotels packaged with hotel services and exciting local activities at an exclusive price. Founded in 2014, in the heart of Berlin, Travelcircus already accommodated more than 700.000 travelers from 20 different countries and we continue to grow substantially.
Do you still have questions or do you want to apply immediately?
Can you recognize yourself? If yes, send your application including motivation letter, CV, desired salary and next possible entry date addressed to Johanna Goller via our online application form: https://www.travelcircus.de/jobs. Don´t miss the chance to be part of the Travelcircus team very soon.
Johanna Goller (Teamlead HR)
+49 (0) 152 041 803 48
We explicitly declare that we welcome any person regardless of nationality or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.