Senior Data Engineer-20000I1MApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.https://www.oracle.com/corporate/careers/culture/diversity.html
The Data Engineer at Oracle Cloud Infrastructure will participate in building global scale data ingestion, analytics and prediction frameworks for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and its customers. In this role, the Data Engineer will build flexible and scalable solutions for sourcing and ingesting Petabytes worth of structured and non-structured data. The engineer will design, build and maintain data warehouse, organize data into subject areas, understand data consumption and data visualization components using core Oracle technologies. The Data Engineer will work closely with business teams to develop these platforms that will drive the next generation of data science and predictive insights/intelligence
- 5+ years of data management and engineering
- 5+ years as a Data Engineer working with Petabyte scale Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- 5+ Years hands on experience with PL/SQL, ETL design and Orchestration
- 3+ years hands on experience creating and managing data marts using PL/SQL, OLAP cubes using MDX
- 3+ years of data profiling, data validation and performance improvement experience for Analytical and OLTP systems
- 3+ years of Object Oriented software development experience, Java/Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physical Sciences
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Oracle suite of products including Oracle Database, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, Oracle Application Cloud, Oracle Data Integration, OBIEE
- 3+ years of hands-on hardware management and operating systems experience (Unix, Linux)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with cloud technologies (OCI, AWS, Azure, GCP)
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.