Azure Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning is looking for a highly motivated senior level data scientist to help Capacity Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) Organization at Microsoft to predict, optimize and build the future of cloud computing. You will operate as part of a data analytics team responsible for managing data and reports for demand forecasting of Microsoft’s global Azure hardware resources. You will create & maintain back-end job automations for data, create & maintain front-end data visualizations, provide live-site-support, maintain data dictionary, monitor and manage data quality. Your contributions will support demand and capacity planning for Microsoft’s vast and rapidly growing cloud business. You will interact closely with fellow data analysts, data scientists, forecasters, PMs, and engineers.
The mission of CSCP is to deliver capacity for all cloud services through intelligent systems. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft online services including Azure demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses including the entirety of Azure Cloud, Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services.
As a data analyst, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the data analysts, scientists and engineers to manage data and reports of capacity usage and other related data in production.
- Test, cleanse, maintain data in support of reports, and production for forecasting cadence.
- Create & maintain back-end job automations and front-end data visualizations for data.
- Maintain data dictionary.
- Provide live-site-support, monitor and manage data quality.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering, or similar applied quantitative field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in managing, and processing data in a team environment.
- Well versed in coding in data management tools such as SQL, Cosmos, etc.
- Experience in using data visualization tools such as Power BI.
- Knowledge and ability to work with big data in a large-scale computing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.