Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.
Known is a great place to work, some of our benefits and company perks include:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity plan with profit sharing
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Vacation and anniversary cash bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- In-house barista plus cold brew on tap!
About the Position
This position may be located in our NY office (ideally) or remotely within the USA. We are not offering visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
We are seeking an experienced and creative Data Scientist on our Advanced Analytics team to provide data-driven guidance and recommendations for one of our largest clients. This is a client-facing role, ideal for a technical candidate looking to develop their skills beyond coding.
In this role, you will use machine learning to perform clustering, predict user behaviors, and evaluate response to ad exposures or messaging, distilling complex information into accessible and actionable insights for our clients. Because our work is often project-driven, we are always reevaluating and updating our tech stack, which means you'll always be learning new skills and developing expertise.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with big data, Python, Spark, Azure, AWS and Databricks. Prior involvement in Kaggle contests is a plus.
There are three key areas of focus for the role:
- Build notebooks and scripts to analyze consumer data, running SQL queries on relational databases with hundreds of millions of data entries
- Must have familiarity with git, and Python packages like scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, shap, matplotlib, seaborn, pandas, numpy, umap and hdbscan etc.
- Familiarity with hyperparameter tuning packages like TPOT, AutoML, Optuna etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
Presentation of Results
- Turn data into a actionable insights for our clients
- Deliverables may include Powerpoint decks, notebooks or repos with appropriate documentation
- Must have the ability to explain complicated concepts in layman's terms
- Must be comfortable presenting to clients
Collaboration Across Organization
- Form partnerships with team members from each department, finding ways to inject advanced analytics into other parts of our company
- Build ad-hoc tools to help automate workflows for other team members
- 5+ years of experience coding in Python
- Must be able to analyze big data sets on millions of data points
- Must be comfortable in a client-facing role
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Previous experience with Spark, Azure, AWS or Databricks is required.
- Prior involvement in Kaggle contests is a plus.