With over 1.2 billion users worldwide, WeChat is changing the mobile landscape by connecting people, services, and businesses in China and around-the-world. Joining the WeChat product team gives you an unique opportunity to help redefine how people use their mobile devices to communicate and interact online and to better understand user behaviour and preferences of users worldwide. The WeChat team in Singapore is responsible for managing and growing our core product including messaging and social networking for users around the world (excluding the Chinese mainland). Join a full-time position at WeChat and play an impactful role in keeping people around the world connected via one of the world's largest and most valuable online products.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to develop data-driven algorithms and models to continuously improve overseas WeChat operations such as account safety, spam detection, and service optimization.
- Working with data engineers to building key datasets and middle tables to better evaluating and extracting useful insights to improve overseas WeChat product features and user experience.
- Monitoring key product metrics of WeChat product operations, understanding root causes of changes in metrics. Building and analyzing dashboards and reports.
- Contribute on ad-hoc, vital analytics projects to help define WeChat's future strategy around the world.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, information system, or a related field.
- Familiar with common machine learning/data mining algorithms using Python, R, MATLAB, etc. Hands-on experience with mainstream frameworks (Tensor-flow, PyTorch, etc) is preferred.
- Familiar with database operations and advanced SQL writing skills in querying large relational databases.
- Hands-on experience with building data visualizations using Tableau or other tools for dashboards and instrumentation is preferred.
- Experience with massive data processing via Hadoop/Spark is preferred.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin.
- Rigorous logical thinking ability, systems analysis mindset, and summarization ability. Strong hands-on personality with a thirst for gaining new knowledge.
- Prior internet industry work or internship experience preferred.