Here at GfK, we strive to empower bold actions for sustainable growth. As a recognized global leader, we know how to innovate and push the boundaries to ensure both our clients and employees succeed, empowered by always-on intelligence.
Currently in the latter stages of our transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology, we are keen to grow our team as we continue to look to the future.Job Description
In our Technology & Data business unit, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products and the division Global Data Science is an essential part of it.
As Data Scientist (forecasting), you will be part of a cross-functional development team, and working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering our end-2-end analytic solutions that will make us the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries.
At GfK, we develop our offerings with an agile mindset, which requires you to actively contribute to all phases of the solution development. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data/analytic/algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.Concrete Tasks Will Include
- Design and develop analytical approaches around time-series forecasting based on product concepts
- Develop end-to-end solutions going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers, software engineers, product managers, and agile coaches (incl playing games) on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for end users of market forecasts
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
- Expert knowledge of Python programming
- Expert knowledge of time-series forecasting and the related Python ecosystem
- Experience in marketing analytics or similar areas would be a plus
- Expert statistical modeling skills / knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus
- Degree that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills.
- 2+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/ data science or related areas
We are proud to be an ethical and honest company with an inclusive workplace that focuses on our employees’ full potential. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge.
If you are interested and want to be part of the digital revolution, apply today. We are looking forward to meeting you!