Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSpace). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Data Scientist. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
- Support the Infrastructure team's mission of continuous improvement through data driven processes and tools.
- Work with customers to define requirements for systems and metrics
- Perform Data Analysis of data vaults to find commonality and develop logical models
- Convert requirements into actions and models
- Identify critical problems and the steps required to resolve them
- Provide cost and data analysis and guidance to high level requirements for project teams
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience in Data management, Data Engineering, or Data Science
- Experience with R or similar statistical languages
- Experience using SQL to query databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with R, Python, C++, Hadoop, SQL Database/Coding, Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, visualization tools such as Tableau or other data science tools.
- Background in development and production of vehicle structures or subsystems, or a degree in a related field
- Experience with eQube BI, Tableau, Business Objects, or other charting tools
- Experience with engineering PDM / PLM Systems
- Experience with the Software Development lifecycle, and both Agile and Waterfall projects
- Experience with electrical and mechanical data management systems
- Data analytics and visualization, statistics
- Database query experience
- Experience with Excel Macros
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.