Are you a data native and would you like to shape the future of our global data products? Join our data team and be part of our journey to become a data-driven company.
The world of logistics is full of data challenges and opportunities. Our data science team has set out to tackle these. In our team you will be closely working with our business stakeholders to further automate business processes utilizing data science and machine learning. You will be part of a rapidly growing, innovative and highly agile team of data scientists and data engineers with opportunities to bring in new ideas with self-responsibility to have a real impact on our strategic development.
- Design and implement our data science and AI solutions, e.g. in the area of predictive scheduling and real-time tracking, dynamic pricing, demand forecast and warehouse replenishment, churn prediction, fraud and anomaly detection.
- Identify and refine potential data science use cases together with our business stakeholders.
- Shape our predictive applications through their entire lifecycle – from ideation and specification,
architectural design, prototyping and integration into productive systems.
- Be part of designing and setting up a modern analytics and data architecture which fits the needs of a
data-driven logistics enterprise.
- Continuously refine our analytics landscape by evaluating new tools and analytical approaches.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Master’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, physics or a similar degree.
- Multiple years of working experience in a similar role.
- Advanced practical experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques in
enterprise settings. Proficiency in machine learning frameworks and data analytics tools.
- Software development skills and proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala or similar.
- Experience with big data applications (e.g. Spark), cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift) is a plus.
- Capability to envision end-to-end data solutions and setting the right priorities.
- Openness to share your knowledge with colleagues and to learn from others.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. German is a plus.
Good Reasons to Join
We want you to feel comfortable in your working surroundings. Therefore, we are offering you modern offices in the announced Hamburg Hafencity directly adjacent to the Elbe, flexible working hours, a subsidized job ticket for the public transportation as well as a canteen with a broad range of menus. Kühne+Nagel is offering you a custom-made career – through individual planning and supervisors who support and advice you in every way. Personally, you get supported by a lot of work-life-balance offerings, a company pension and a supplementary health insurance.