The Data Analyst reports to the Data Services Team Lead and is responsible for all things data: including validation, cleaning, ingestion, storage, maintenance, and analysis. The key objective of the Data Services Team, and thus the Data Analyst, is to ensure that resulta has the highest quality sports and statistical data. To reach this goal, you will be independently executing established processes to maintain the high quality and integrity of our data. You will also work directly with other teams to provide support and answers as needed and be able to identify and debug failures in data processing.
Is this role right for me?
To be perfect for this position, you will need to:
- Execute our tailored data strategy with minimal oversight;
- Enforce data SLAs to maintain high standards of acquisition, handling, storage, and quality;
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal data assets;
- Assess and document commonly formatted external data feeds and products when needed;
- Ensure on-time delivery of data-driven content and product offerings produced in support of front-facing business units;
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to deliver results;
- Develop and maintain automated data quality monitoring systems using various technologies such as Redash and Airflow processes;
- Maintain technical support channels to resolve discrepancies with data source providers.
What qualifications do I need?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis, DBA, or relevant positions;
- Strong statistical, analytical, and data-driven decision-making skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail;
- Experience with SQL or other querying languages;
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages;
- Knowledge of best practices in data quality, monitoring, and database design;
- A natural curiosity for all things related to data and a drive to improve data systems and processes using emerging and existing technologies;
- Ability to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams on product delivery and debugging on technical or business matters;
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
- Comfortable working on projects from start to finish under supervision from senior colleagues;
- Ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
- Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business;
- A passion for sports would be considered an asset.