Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer for our Data Platform team. In this role, you will work closely with various data science, analytics and engineering teams across the company to build best in class data infrastructure and tools. This is a high-impact role that will also help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DATA ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE INCLUDE :
- Design, build, and own the key data infrastructure to manage data and usage across our Snowflake account
- Interface with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products and tools that scales across the company
- Design, implement and maintain custom data ingestion pipelines sourcing data from application apis.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management, IT, Finance, and Compliance to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities for system improvements.
- Answer questions from the executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured & ambiguous problems
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE :
- 3-5 years experience including:
- Designing and building complex data pipelines in a large scale data environment
- Familiarity with developing data products to drive data science and analytics initiatives
- Experience with ETL and sourcing data from various sources
- Experience with Apache Airflow is desirable
- Experience using Snowflake a plus
- BS in a technical field (CS, Physics, Math, etc), MS/PhD a plus.
- Proficiency in Python & SQL
- Ability to clearly present learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $118,000 - $157,500.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?