ABOUT THE JOB
The Data Engineer Data Warehouse is responsible for the maintenance and the improvement of all the data flows from the source to the target in order to define, create and build analytics products on the Data Warehouse platform(s). The Data Engineer Data Warehouse additionally analyzes complex data elements and systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models.
Your tasks among others will be:
- Managing end to end data pipelines to source and transform data to and from the Data & Analytics Platform(s)
- Providing consultancy and support for our internal clients and business departments
- Expressing innovative ideas and solutions/analysis of potentials in the environment of Business Intelligence (systems, contents, developments) to provide the best customer experience
- Maintaining and further developing the existing data warehouse solution based on SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW)
- Gathering requirements and writing technical specifications documents
- Moderate, coach and guide the requirement engineering and implementation process of Analytics Products from a conceptual, logical and physical perspective
- Integrating new data sources (internal and external) by creating full data pipeline from ingestion to ETL/ELT process
- Delivering Data Provisioning Analytics Products to operational applications requiring transformation of data from several sources
- Optimizing and expanding the Data & Analytics platform data flows and data models, supporting the Data & Analytics teams in deploying Analytics Products
- Assessing the stability, robustness and efficiency of the implemented ETL/ETL processes and data pipelines and eventually re-design them
- Ensuring and monitoring high data quality standards with focus on data consistency
- Timely resolving incidents related to data interfaces and ETL/ELT processes
- Data Movement Monitoring, Ticket handling & 3rd Level Support
- Taking over the lead in cross-organizational and inter-disciplinary projects or sub-projects
- Continuously working on the improvement of internal processes
We are looking for a motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- A University degree in a technical, economic or natural scientific discipline
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the conceptualization, implementation, operationalization and/or maintenance of Data Engineering solutions and Business Analytics related fields
- Excellent knowledge and proven professional experience with SAP BW (BW/4HANA, BW on HANA, BPC, IP, ABAP, ABAP OO, SQL) and SAP BI Authorization Management
- Knowledge of various BI Frontend tools (SAP BO, Tableau, …)
- Knowledge in the area of Data & Analytics cloud services is a plus
- Professional experience and conceptual knowledge of building and maintaining physical and logical data models
- Ability to think beyond technology requirements to build ONE logical Data & Analytics platform
- Well structured, analytically thinking and demonstrating the ability to explain processes in a clear and understandable manner to a non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-driven, flexible, open minded professional and proactive team player who ensures implementation towards agreed goals and timelines
- Ability to take ownership and proven strive for excellence
- Experience as a project manager is a plus
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria. We are leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining our place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job. You will work for a groundbreaking, modern, premium brand, which is globally known for its quality and creativity. We place people at the heart of our business and offer global pay programs, supported by a range of local benefits. In addition, we provide rich development opportunities which recognize and reward the brilliant contributions of our passionate individuals and teams who contribute to the success of our company – sparkling every day.
As required by law, we advise that the collectively agreed base monthly salary for this position is set at a minimum of € 2.404,47 gross. Our actual salaries are market competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into account.
Are you passionate to contribute with enthusiasm to our success? Then we are looking forward to receiving your job application!