We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The 1000+ people in ThoughtWorks India are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about technology, by joining ThoughtWorks, you become a part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with tools they wish to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented Data scientists passionate about building large scale Machine Learning Solutions to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
Education : Bachelors or MS or equivalent in Applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background. Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience as Data Scientist in real-time projects
As a Data Scientist, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Understand business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Create advanced analytics models using statistical and machine learning methods
- Work with software developers, data engineers and solutions designers to deliver analytics-driven solutions
- Interact with clients in a variety of domains, who have a spectrum of challenging problems
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Mentor junior members of the team with approach and execution of solutions
- Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
- Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, optimization and other DS techniques
- Experience using R, Python or equivalent statistical/data analysis tools
- Hands-on with data structures, algorithms, OOPS/Functional programming
- Proficient with matrices, distributions, calculus and probability
- Proficiency with relational databases or NoSQL
- Experience in at least one of these: Natural language processing/computer vision/speech recognition/chatbot
- Exposure with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive etc. is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Experience in consulting skills - negotiation, influencing and collaboration
If you relish the idea of being part of ThoughtWorks’ Data Practice that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!