Acast is the world’s biggest, fastest-growing podcast platform, and the engine powering creators, advertisers and listeners everywhere. Its services are the most sophisticated available and are constantly being updated with innovative new tools and functionality.
Acast hosts more than 20,000 shows worldwide, monetizing and growing global smash hits. Founded in Sweden in 2014, Acast’s team of more than 250 audio lovers are creating a sustainable and open podcast ecosystem — ensuring the whole industry continues to grow and flourish. The company has sales teams on the ground in 13 markets around the world, including the UK, US, Mexico, Australia, France and Germany.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a love for analytics, data science, and mathematics. You will make sure that our customers get the best, data-validated tools and services. To do so, you will use your good grasp of data aggregation and manipulation, customer analytics, data visualisations and general data science techniques. In this role you will also be keen on collaborating with a wide variety of colleagues - product managers, engineers, product designers, marketing, content, etc. The ultimate goal is to help increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and general Acast experience through accurate analysis of our existing datasets. Some key points for this role therefore include;
- Continuous collaboration with Product Management, Product Development, Product Design, Marketing, Advertising, etc to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Build KPI dashboards/reports that keep track of product performance
- Analyze data to uncover valuable insights.
- Leverage our tech stack and gather data insights about our products
Who you are
We are looking for someone with experience in data mining and statistics, with a minimum of one year of meaningful work experience in data science or analytics role in a product support capacity. As you will be collaborating with multiple stakeholders, we believe that you have strong written and oral communication skills. Additional characteristics and skills we are looking for include;
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- Solid experience in SQL
- Proficient in Python (experience with Jupyter, Pandas, or Scipy is a plus)
- Adept in at least one visualisation tool such as Tableau.
- Some experience in analyzing large datasets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience with machine learning or predictive modeling is a plus
We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for everything we have listed in this posting, so don’t let that be a show stopper for you. We highly value people with a passion for our company, our vision and industry. So if you feel you can relate to a lot of the above, but don’t check every box, don’t be afraid to apply!
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!