- APS Level 6
- Canberra, ACT
- $88,114 - $96,895
The section is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and administration of the department’s key ICT information management platforms that ensure the delivery of quality analytics and digital outcomes for the department.
As a part of a small team within this section, the successful applicant will be working closely with team members to support the ingestion of data into the Skills, Education and Employment Data platform (SEED) integration platform, which provides a strong whole of department focus on better use of information for policy development and delivery.
The primary focus of this role is to develop and support a data integration platform through the ingestion of a number of data sources. You will be required to conduct data analysis, educate business areas on the ingestion processes required to meet their business outcomes, and produce visualisations using analytics tools to allow users to explore data and personalised insights. Specific technical training will be provided to the successful applicant, as required, to fulfil functions in software development and data processing.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the design, development, delivery and administration of the data science and analytics platform.
- Explain methodologies for the representation of data to non-technical audiences in formal and informal settings.
- Applying appropriate security and access management to the management of the data sets.
- Represent the section in negotiations to access and agree usage parameters for data sources.
- Producing visualisations using analytics tools to allow users to explore data and personalised insights.
- Ensuring quality assurance processes have been conducted.
- Opportunity to manage a small team to deliver outcomes.
The right candidate will:
For more information please refer to job description.
- have previous work experience or training in a data related field such as data management, data analysis, data visualisation, statistics, research, or econometrics.
- have experience in, or be willing to learn, modern statistical/data science concepts and techniques in data analytics tools and languages (one or more of Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, SAS, SQL, Machine Learning, R, SAS, Python).
- liaise with all areas of the department to achieve results through others, and work with a diverse range of people, in an equitable, participative, and consultative manner to achieve organisational goals.
- demonstrate self-awareness, professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to Australian Public Service code of conduct values.
- have demonstrated communication skills, with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
- can operate effectively in an environment of ongoing change and uncertainty and maintain flexibility.
- have demonstrated experience in activity management key stakeholder relationships.
- have demonstrated ability to think strategically and exercise sound judgement.
- display communication and relationship management skills at a high level.
- look to provide positive leadership in data administration and change management spaces.
Application User Guide Opens in new window
Job Description Opens in new window