The Data Engineer-Data Systems Transformation Lead is a highly skilled, technical leadership role tasked to transform Sustainability Victoria's (SV) waste data system into a digital platform capable of tracking waste and material movements and enabling Victoria's transition to a circular and zero net carbon economy.Through Recycling Victoria:
a new economy released in early 2020, the Victorian Government has committed to the development of a new waste data system and circular economy reporting capability. The Data Systems Transformation Lead will be responsible for developing and implementing this new data system, digitally supporting SV's mission to achieve zero net carbon emissions in Victoria.
You will use your data engineering skills, advanced IT project management capabilities and understanding of new technologies (such as blockchain and transaction data tracking) to manage the project to expand Victoria's waste data system. You will plan for the new functionality, build and develop some components including mapping data and developing data frameworks, and engage contractors where necessary to design, build and implement the new system. You will develop a new data framework, new data governance protocols, and new agreements across the portfolio to integrate data to underpin the new system. You will also administer and maintain SV's existing and new central reporting repository.
Collaborating across SV, government and industry, you will create and enforce policies for effective data management and devise and implement efficient and secure procedures.
Key requirements of the role include data engineering and/or data architecture capabilities, advanced project management skills, leadership and stakeholder engagement, demonstrated experience in establishing business intelligence and data systems.
Specialist skills & Knowledge
Before applying we would ask that you note the following:
- A tertiary degree in Data Engineering IT, Computer Science or relevant experience is essential
- Experience working in a mix of cloud, legacy and modern architecture services
- Experience with building end to end solutions within Azure cloud databases with expertise in desiging, implementing & configuring Azure resources
- Strong ETL/ELT & DevOps experience, & programming skills in Java/Python/SQL/Scala.API development experience is desirable
SV is currently proceeding with a Transformation Program including a co-design of organisational team structures. The outcome of this co-design process may result in a change to the above role title and team functions.
The closing date for this position is midnight, Friday 5 February 2021.How to apply:
Applicants should view the full position description attached & Applicant Information Guide attached to this advertisement before applying.To be considered for this role applicants must submit:
Other relevant information:
- a resume
- a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria (within three pages)
- This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
- Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, working remotely arrangements are in place.
- Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check.
We are building an inclusive workplace to better reflect the community in which we live to embrace our differences and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly, and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds