At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.The Role
Responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available container-based platform for Andi, Veeva’s Machine Learning Cloud platform, that is specifically built for life sciences.The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with various AWS technologies such as EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, EKS, S3, EBS, VPC, CloudFront, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Sagemaker, and many others.Experience with many other technologies is essential in building and maintaining our platform: Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Terraform, Linux, Operator Framework, Istio, and also experience writing code to pull all of these tools together to create a seamless system (Java, Python).You also will need to understand the code that the data science and engineering teams will be creating to run on the systems you’ve designed and deployed. You’re comfortable with Python, you know what a Jupyter notebook is, and you’re not afraid of Java or Golang.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Data Science and Engineering team members on technical designs, solutions, and tools
- Optimize and improve the Andi ML Cloud platform
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are massively scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Work with other members of the Veeva operations teams to integrate with their system and conform to Veeva standards for privacy and security.
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Java, Python, Golang, Spring, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven ability to architect a highly available, distributed, and secure container-based system on a cloud platform (deploying a system utilizing Kubernetes in AWS or a full ML training/deployment system based on Sagemaker for example)
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Istio.
- 5+ Years of commercial software development in Java, Python, or Golang
- Understanding of basic data science/machine learning terminology and methods
- Passion for learning and ability to dig for answers: read the manual, read the source, experiment
- Passion for automating anything and everything: you see a system with one-button deployments and want to automate that button
- Self-driven, proactive, and inquisitive: you see challenges as an opportunity to learn, improve the product, and develop your skills.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking and security
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Local to GTA. We have offices in downtown Toronto
- BS in engineering/science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience and passion for Cloud Security
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Experience building/using automated test frameworks
- Experience with ML pipeline technologies: Tensorflow, Apache Beam, Spark, Sagemaker, etc
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Weekly yoga classes
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.