At HomeLister we are on a mission to transform home selling into a simple, enjoyable and fairly priced transaction. The average home seller pays 30% of their equity in brokerage commissions - beyond expensive. HomeLister is remaking the $60bn a year real estate industry into an online end to end marketing, transaction, and financial management platform. Our homes sell faster, our sellers keep more of their money, and our sellers are happier than with a traditional agent. HomeLister is the fastest growing real estate company, entering a new state on average every 6 weeks. We are building the future real estate platform now.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to join a dynamic, experienced team. We are looking for engineers who can not only tackle technical problems, but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams. We value engineers who can bring fresh ideas and are willing to own solving problems all the way to a solution.
- Collaborate with the Product, Marketing and BI teams to define and implement data solutions to gain insights and enable growth across the organization
- Architect and build data pipelines to extend and scale our data warehouse
- Design and build infrastructure to optimize our ETLs and API integrations
- Extend our existing tools for data analysis and work with BI teams to develop models to enable analysis, reporting and insights into product optimization and new feature development
- Collaborate with Development team members to provide feedback on data modeling and collaborate with Systems Engineering team on related cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years working experience as a Data Engineer or similar position
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python
- Strong general programming proficiency
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or other cloud server platforms
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB; relational database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL and in-memory data storage tools such as Redis
- Familiarity with Python, R, Matlab or similar,
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with serverless architecture and microservices.
Skills that would be a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch
- Experience with Systems Engineering, Dev Ops, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with technologies such as React/Next.js and Node.js. Although this position will be focused on data engineering, familiarity with other technologies in our stack is helpful.
Culture at HomeLister
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group both from the real estate world and many other backgrounds (ecom, product, consumer, writing, etc). We are athletes, cookbook authors, volunteers, surfers, bikers and many more... Our employees are passionate about our mission and care about our customers.
We believe in supporting our employees and creating a work environment that is positive, productive and rewarding. We put our people first. We offer health benefits, dental, vision, and matching 401K. We hire both for remote work or co-located in New York City or Santa Monica.
When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the real estate market every day. HomeLister is an equal opportunity employer.