Impact Credit Solutions (“ICS”) is a financial technology Company that enables small business lending in Southeast Asia. We combine deep expertise in alternative lending with best-in-class technology solutions to bridge international capital markets with underserved communities in Southeast Asia. Website: https://impactcredit.solutions/
The Company is recruiting for the Data Scientist role to join our Data Science & Risk Analytics Team (exact job title commensurate with experience), to help accelerate the Company’s innovation and data-driven strategy including data management, predictive analytics, machine learning and intelligent automation.
Designed as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent, our Company provides the framework to develop world-class technical skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of credit, model development and technology, from application and data development to advanced analytics and beyond. You will work at all phases of the data science life cycle, including:
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation and validation, and partner with engineering teams to improve operationalization in scalable and resilient production systems to serve millions of customers.
- Partner closely with a variety of business and product teams to conduct the experiments that guide improvements to customer experiences and business outcomes in domains like credit risk, marketing, servicing and fraud prevention.
- Write software (R, Python, Scala, e.g.) to collect, explore, visualize and analyze numerical and textual data (customer transactions, payments, etc.) using tools like Spark, Elasticsearch, and AWS.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Curious and creative: You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions, and you love pushing hard to find the answers. You are not afraid to share a new idea. You communicate clearly and effectively to share your findings with non-technical audiences.
- Technical: You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions from concept to production using open-source tools and modern cloud computing platforms. You are not afraid of petabytes of data.
- Statistically minded: You have built models, validated them and back tested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series analysis and deep learning.
- Customer and product oriented: You share our passion for changing banking for good.
- Bachelor’s Degree and some experience in data analytics
- Some experience in open-source programming languages for data analysis
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with relational databases
- PhD or Master’s Degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- Experience working with big data, cloud computing
- Experience in Python, Scala, or R
- Experience with developing credit models / model development lifecycle
- Challenging role in a startup environment with strong growth ambitions
- Meaningful work toward the Company’s social impact mission and vision
- Competitive compensation and benefits
At ICS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Interested candidates can send their applications to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.