Clarivate is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world's most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Search and Analytics team. Search and Analytics is a central technology team at Clarivate that develops best in class algorithmic services and search platforms for our products to enable differentiated capabilities. We take pride in innovating on behalf of our customers and delivering value to the business.
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Technology, or Engineering, strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree or PhD is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years proven track record in the application of ML and NLP
- Excellent programming skills (Python, Java a plus)
- Good communication & presentation skills: connecting people, gathering data & information across business unit boundaries and telling & selling the story are no problem for you
It would be great if you had. . . .
- Advanced degrees in computer sciences, engineering or technology.
- Excellent understanding of ML, NLP, and statistical methodologies
- Ability to test ideas and adapt methods quickly end to end from data extraction to implementation and validation
- Experience with search engines, classification algorithms, recommendation systems, and relevance evaluation methodologies
What will you be doing in this role?
- Researches and identifies Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and algorithms to solve specific problems to improve user experience on IP & Science data and websites
- Implements these methods and devises appropriate test plans to validate and compare the different approaches
- Identifies new applications of ML and NLP in the context of Clarivate Analytics extensive sets of content and data
- Explores existing data for insights and recommends additional sources of data for improvements
About the team
- Our scientists and engineers use Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval to solve problems along the entire Lifecycle of Innovation, with a strong focus on Intellectual Property data.
- Algorithms to classify content, automating content extraction workflows, extracting and resolving entities, building recommender and decision support systems, predicting risk and outcomes, enabling unique ways of finding content: these are just a few of the ways our team is fostering productivity of our customers who lead innovation in the world.
- We are a global team of 10 based in Belgium, USA and Canada reporting to a Senior Manager Research Scientist based in Belgium.
- The team culture is all about openness & collaboration with a focus on excellence and value adding innovation. We have a tradition of also being a source of innovation ourselves, based on deep domain knowledge, so being creative and entrepreneurial is very much encouraged.
- We believe in being very flexible with respect to work/life balance.
This is a full time permanent role working EU hours and candidate can be based in different locations within EU where Clarivate operates.