The Data Service Delivery Lead Data Specialist will be part of the wider Data Service Delivery team, which is a project revenue generating team within the Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) business with a key focus on data projects. This role will involve delivering a range of data projects and activities for our clients and the business. In this role you will report into the Data Service Delivery Manager to deliver the data projects allocated, ensuring quality delivery to pre agreed deadlines.
The team’s activities include but are not limited to; data analysis, reporting and data cleansing via multiple methods (both strategic/large scale and smaller cleanse activities) and working with clients to deliver specific data improvement activities that align to their strategic goals. The team also deliver GMP rectification, GMP equalisation and risk reduction data exercises such as longevity hedges, buy ins and buy outs.
We are very open to flexible, remote homebased working hence this role can be covered by a combination of working from home remotely and in-office.
Key accountabilities include
- Play an active and valued part in project delivery of allocated work, supporting more junior team members working on assigned tasks within the overall project with relevant training and work review
- Identify own gaps in knowledge and skills (from skills matrix and feedback) and work with the line manager for development plan and relevant upskilling
- Support the wider data service delivery team by sharing knowledge and skills. Be a point of reference on technical matters and non-standard queries
- Build good working relationships within the team and with stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the analysis and delivery of allocated projects, supporting on client meetings where required to cover project scope discussions and present data analysis process and findings
- Drive high quality client project delivery, ensuring each deliverable is produced efficiently and to schedule. Understand task goals and follow efficient actions to help achieve those goals
- Produce relevant technical reports on allocated project for client reference
- Monitor own workload and ensure project tracking management information data is up to date and accurate in respect of allocated workload.
- Delivery of allocated project delivery deadlines within scope and budget
- Ensure that all chargeable work is captured correctly on timesheets for billing purposes
- Proactively identify out of scope requirements and advise line manager.
- Support and contribute to the delivery of a continuous improvement programme, supporting the Data Service Delivery team as a centre of excellence
- Follow all required processes fully and correctly and provide feedback where necessary. Ensure Risk and Internal Quality controls can be evidenced
- Contribute to weekly team meetings (resource, team and white board) sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions
- Challenge procedures to identify process improvements contributing to post project reviews of designated projects and suggest ideas for ongoing improvement
- Good organisational skills with proven ability of operational project delivery within a team to ensure allocated tasks are delivered to quality and on schedule
- Technical pensions and data projects knowledge with experience of dealing with occupational pensions schemes and managing tasks in relation to data driven projects
- Ability to identify and efficiently resolve challenges, identifying solutions to enable projects to be effectively delivered within required quality and timescales in accordance with agreed remit
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload with experience of working on several projects simultaneously
- Evidenced ability of good communication skills to work effectively as part of a team supporting an inclusive working environment and champion diversity within the team
- Skills to include high quality communications and advanced numerical skills with Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer