As a Machine Learning Engineer at BizPay you will work closely with our Head of Applied AI and Lead AI Data Engineer to build, test and deploy scalable Machine Learning pipelines. You'll be joining a collaborative research and development team that is rapidly building, iterating and shipping ML and AI solutions to our users and internal stakeholders.
You’re a creative problem solver who is passionate about building and scaling ML systems. You’re able to iterate quickly, and thrive in environments teeming with new challenges. You’re not afraid to find gaps in your own knowledge and seek to improve them. Your passion for learning is demonstrated by your initiative to learn new tools and products, and identify opportunities to improve current processes and standards. You are in sync with the team’s mission, and take smart and calculated risks to drive that mission forward. You’re passionate about keeping abreast with the latest developments in the AI space, and constantly seek to incorporate these techniques into your own work.
Amongst other things, that means you’ll:
- Design, build, test, and deploy scalable ML pipelines and microservices, integrating with both first-party and third-party datasets and delivering results via distributed (cloud) structures
- Work with stakeholders, users and the broader tech team to maintain and improve our models in production
- Build high volume, distributed, and scalable ML platform capabilities and microservices to create efficient and scalable ML solutions that are easily accessible via an API.
- Build utilities, user-defined functions, libraries, and frameworks to expand the capacity and throughput of our ML platform
- Constantly strive to optimize deployed models to provide our users with quality and trust
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Work with architecture & engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering standard methodologies adhered to.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new AI technologies/tools/frameworks to improve the accuracy and relevance of model outputs, or propose new model frameworks to produce the greatest value for our users
- Experience in developing, productionising, and maintaining ML/DL models
- Proven experience working with cloud architecture (AWS, GCP, Azure), specifically with deep learning in scaled-out infrastructure on the cloud
- Complete understanding of microservices guiding principles to design and build restful API's
- Experience with modern databases (Redshift, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Postgres or similar)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, etc. and of course a solid foundation in SQL
- Experience with at least one of: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, JAX
- Experience with automated CICD build and deployments tools like Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with running and sharing machine learning experiments in a team environment
- Prior experience working with R&D and Data Science teams
- Active GitHub portfolio
There are many perks and benefits to being a BizPayer, below are just a few;
- Flexible hours - we want you to live your best life with us. Sometimes that means starting and finishing work earlier, or taking a longer break to enjoy the surf and closing up later. We want you to feel in charge of your day and be productive in and out of the office
- Wellbeing allowance - gym, yoga, whatever you’re into. We just want you to stay healthy
- Self-education allowance - want to learn new skills to further your career? There’s a stipend for that!
- Annual team trip - once travel is, you know, an option again
- Employee Assistance Program - BizPay provides complete access to an employee assistance program through Access EAP
- Biannual hacakthons - we want to ensure you’re excited to come to work every morning, and part of that is about diversifying challenges. That’s why every 6 months we encourage you to put your ongoing work aside and build something cool, new and exciting for the business. Naturally, there’s a coveted prize at stake.
- WFH setup - BizPay offers $500 to make your WFH setup as comfortable as possible
- Annual leave - we like to look after our staff and recognise R&R is just as important as our work which is why we offer 5 weeks annual leave as well as a day off on your birthday and days off for vaccinations
- Sponsored social, team events and celebrations - we work as a team and play as one, too!
- On-site bike and shower facilities