- Permanent role
Novon is a growing consultancy headquartered in Sydney with offices in Brisbane and Melbourne.We are focused on building our expertise around Data, Integration and Business Consultancy and are technology agnostic ensuring that our customers get the best solution for their business. Novon
have a new requirement for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team and support one of our financial services clients.
The Data Automation Engineer is responsible for driving continuous improvement in data engineering practices and technology; with a responsibility for developing and supporting solutions that drive and support technological & operational efficiencies within our client.
- Assist with technical evaluation of existing processes in order to identify opportunities relating to automation and improvement in key business processes that involve analysis and manipulation of data from various sources & formats
- Work with relevant stakeholders to define end to end solutions, with accountability for development, deployment and support for solutions
- Assist in the design and deployment tools, abilities that help to drive a data driven culture within our customer.
- Ensure that all developed solutions and processes implement effective and robust security controls commensurate to classification and sensitivity
- Support architecture function with the establishment of core patterns supporting data integration and reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Work as part of a new, exciting team, with a core focus on modernising and uplifting the organisation to support future growth strategies through automation
- A strong proven experience in data engineering and solution development, preferably using Python
- Experience or history working in cloud based data platforms. Snowflake/Snowpark experience highly desirable
- Experience in designing and supporting SQL based data integration/transformation solutions.
- Experience in Oracle database desirable
- Experience in data visualisation and reporting technologies, i.e. PowerBI
- Experience working with integration/middleware technologies, Azure and/or Mulesoft experience desirable
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, i.e ETL/ELT
- Experience working withing the Azure technology stack, including technologies such as Storage, Logic Apps, Functions, Service Bus, API Gateway, SQL & DevOps
- Experience with DevOps practices and concepts, with experience in end to end automation supporting development, deployment and testing in CI/CD toolsets
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, helping to establish processes and frameworks that drive growth and modernise business and technology operations
- A working knowledge of the corporate regulatory environment, governance principles, corporate accountability and conduct frameworks and the process for managing risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience working in data engineering or related field
- Experience working in Financial Services markets highly desirable
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred