Job Title : Data Engineer III
When your part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
Data Engineer III, based out of our Bangalore location, plays a key role in Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) Operations organization providing business continuity for critical business processes, IT systems and IT solutions through project implementations, enhancements, documentation and operational support.How will you make an impact?
Being part of an organization that provides analytics driven data solutions for all businesses across Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be instrumental in helping our business partners and customers with their data and analytics needs.What will you do?
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Source to target data analysis and mappings.
- Collaborate with admins, developers, data engineers and analysts for successful functionality delivery
- Perform requirement analysis and co-ordinate with project managers and development team to drive the delivery cycle.
- Collaborates with the scrum master on product backlogs and helps with sprint planning.
- Supports in developing EDP product and feature roadmap.
- Supports the evolution of EDP architecture and takes part in roadmap activities around data platform architecture initiatives or changes.
- Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders to ensure data quality and integrity in DWH & AWS platforms for BI/Analytical reporting.
- Pre-meditate any risks well in advance and communicate to stakeholders to formulate the plan of action to mitigate any risks.
- Should be able to create bandwidth to support development activities in data engineering when called for.
- Follow agile development methodologies to deliver solutions and product features by following DevOps practices.
- Ensure the teams follows the prescribed development processes and approaches.
- 3+ years working experience in delivering data solutions.
- 2+ years of Experience building Cloud BI solutions using AWS and Azure as data lake backend sources and understanding of Power BI or similar as BI visualization tools
- Expert in SQL queries.
- Experience with agile development methodologies by following DevOps, Data Ops and Dev Sec Ops practices.
- Python programming and Databricks (Preferable).
- Strong passion to learn databricks and Python programming.
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal and stakeholder communication skills.
- Excellent Analysis and business requirement documentation skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams from multiple regions/ time zones by effectively leveraging multi-form communication (Email, MS Teams for voice and chat, meetings)
- Excellent prioritization and problem solving skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.