Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
We are looking for a new team member for Knowledge Science Research! A results-oriented individual to contribute to our cheminformatics and data management initiatives to empower scientists at our Research and Early Development (R&ED) Thematic Research Centers. This hands-on role will partner closely with our computational researchers across discovery and translational sciences to transform internal and external data so that it is suitable for drug discovery ML/AI efforts. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual with experience processing, integrating, and mining a wide range of research data types.Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
- Working interactively research scientists, computational scientists, and engineers to identify and deliver on prioritized data needs for Research objectives and program decisions.
- Ensuring our data workflows drive value for scientists, collaborators and patients.
- Identifying, understanding, and curating internal large molecule project data so that it is FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable)
- Collaborating with scientists to build data products and visualizations to answer scientific questions
- Ensuring the accurate, complete and timely collection, delivery and tracking of data from external or internal partners for analysis, reporting and presentation
- Collaborating on development of R&ED data plans that outline data capture, data flow, data queries, manual checks, and data listings needed to ensure data integrity
- Working with computational scientists to resolve any data issues found during analysis
- Bachelor's Degree 8+ years of academic / industry experience (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Biology, Chemistry, Genomics)
- OR Master's Degree 6+ years of academic / industry experience (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Biology, Chemistry, Genomics)
- OR PhD 4+ years of academic / industry experience (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Biology, Chemistry, Genomics)
- PhD with at least 4 year’s experience or Masters with 6 year’s experience (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology, Biology, Chemistry, Genomics)
- Strong understanding of chemistry, molecular biology concepts, multi-dimensional ‘omics’ data and modern approaches to data integration and data processing workflows
- Excellent programming skills in scientific languages such as R or Python.
- Experience with FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) data concepts and knowledge graphs.
- Experience building data products and APIs using frameworks such as Shiny, DASH and Streamlit
- Along with programming proficiency, you must show a strong capacity for independent thinking and care about the underlying scientific questions!
The starting compensation for this jobis a range from $121,000 - $167,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and the where the job is performed.Final Individual Compensation Will Be Decidedbased On Demonstratedexperience.
For more on benefits, please visit our https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our BMS Careers site may vary based on the job and location.
#QLRIf you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.On-site Protocol
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.COVID-19 Information
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.