Data Scientist Machine Learning (NLP) – Competitive remuneration based on experience – Hybrid Working – London Office & Home – J11458
Our client is one of the largest and fastest growing credit management services providers in Europe and the market leader in the UK and Ireland. They have large consumer databases containing good quality internal data and credit bureau data. Their mission is help each of their millions of customers to improve their finances.
- Appreciate that success of developing a machine learning system is ensuring it delivers commercial value to the business.
- Prior experience in working within a team and developing deployable systems in full within agreed deadline.
- Experience of working on various stages of machine learning pipeline
- Experience in developing production grade systems and productionising ML
- Have developed text-based systems employing Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms
- Working knowledge of key machine learning based algorithms: supervised and unsupervised
- Appreciate issues related to model bias, ethics, and model explainability.
- Have some experience in communicating complex technical ideas to different technical and non-technical audiences through presentations, meetings, and written communication.
- A strong interest in retail financial products and innovation in the consumer financial services market.
- Experience using Cloud based virtual machines for analytical projects.
- Develop end to end machine learning based advanced analytical projects related to operational optimisation and improving the customer experience
- Participate in project related activities such as conducting requirement workshops, task planning and estimation, analysis work, model development and deployment, ongoing monitoring and versioning.
- Become a subject matter expert on understanding where our data comes from, how its captured or created, covering customer personal data, credit bureau data, transactional data, digital and telephony data.
- Mentor junior data scientists and share knowledge with wider Decision Science team through 1:1s, knowledge sharing sessions, code reviews etc.
Key Technical Skills:
- At least 2 years professional experience of developing data intensive software with Python
- Experienced in using SQL to query and process data.
- Cloud computing experience, preferably Azure but AWS is fine too.
- Experience in developing and deploying API services.
- Financial Services on the product or investment side would be preferred.
- Quantitative degree or post graduate qualifications.
- Understanding of open banking would be very useful.
- Being a small team, they are looking for a team player who is productive, will collaborate, peer review and works well with close colleagues.
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.