Full Time, Remote Position
WebstaurantStore.com is the leading ecommerce website to meet the purchasing needs of food service professionals worldwide. Webstaurant Store, a Clark Associates company, is looking for an analytical candidate to join our growing company as a Data Analyst - Supply Chain & Logistics on our Inbound Transportation Team. Through an advanced global supply chain, the Inbound Transportation Team manages more than $500M/year worth of goods which are imported into the US and delivered to our distribution centers, as well as serving as a critical link between procurement and warehouse operations. This role focuses on analyzing and providing data to support suggested business logic improvements and is a key part of growing our business.
We are looking for a data-driven and insightful individual who can take initiative to identify inefficiencies in our supply chain and collaborate with the Inbound Transportation Team and other departments to solve them.
As a Data Analyst - Supply Chain & Logistics you will:
- Identify areas for potential financial savings within our supply chain and implement strategies to realize cost reduction
- Design and maintain key reports to provide valuable insights to the company
- Apply analytic skills to manage and manipulate high volume data from a variety of sources
- Recognize areas for process improvement and automation within the team
- Monitor changes affecting inbound volume and transportation metrics
- Collaborate with other teams to accomplish cross-departmental goals
- Solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Gain operational experience working closely with our Ocean and Domestic Transportation teams
We are looking for a driven, motivated candidate who has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a focus in Engineering, Data Science, Information Systems, or Supply Chain/Logistics
- 1-3 years of relevant work or graduate experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Power BI are required
- Proficiency with SQL, R, and Python are preferred
- Ability to deep dive into operational data and identify key takeaways
- Passion for business analytics and working with large data sets
- Proficiency in aggregating, cleaning, automating, and analyzing data
- Strong communication skills effective to a variety of audiences
- Adaptability to change and is willing to keep up to date with the trends and issues of the supply chain industry
- Curiosity about how processes work and can ask the right questions
- Ownership mentality in finding solutions and taking initiative
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, paid maternity leave, work from home opportunities, and a 401k with company match.Remote Work Qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.