Flexible location: Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria (fully remote)
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us designing and building systems for collecting, storing, and analyzing data at scale, enabling our Data Scientists/Analysts/BI teams to automate and scale data analytics processes and solve data related problems on business operations as part of our Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team.Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate:
- Collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret.
- Drive data pipelines design, development, deployment, management and monitoring standards following best practices
- Manage data warehouse, data cleansing (curated data), data modelling (table schemas design) using ETL & ELT methods.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases and data warehouses.
- Represent EDA team in and liaise with different CIO teams (IQVIA Cloud Center of Excellence, Enterprise Business & Technology, System owners…)
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside Data & Business Analysts and in collaboration with Data Scientists.
- Oversee coding standards and best DevOps practices
- Work with EDA colleagues to align with IQVIA Information Security & Privacy Office standards & support compliance to legal or regulatory standards where necessary
- Engage with EDA teams to influence product roadmaps or otherwise find solutions to issues as needed to ensure customer solutions can be delivered on time, as per client needs and requirements
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years of experience in software and/or product development with a focus on architecture
- Strong hands-on technical and architectural experience with databases (relational & non-relational)
- Proficiency in coding: Python, SQL, NoSQL, R
- Working knowledge in ETL & ELT processes and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
- Knowledge in Data Cloud Platform (Snowflake, Databricks) and data intensive ecosystems (advantage)
- Robust experience in designing and delivering complex IT solutions
- Good knowledge of Security requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to drive automation at all levels from testing to deployment
- Capable of navigating technical and functional ambiguity and making progress with under-defined requirements
- Experience working designing CI/CD pipeline
- Experience refactoring code with high-availability, scale and production in mind
- Ability to work with project teams geographically dispersed, from multiple time zones
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com