So, why Optus?
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
About the role
The Senior Data Analyst is a critical role within Analytics providing guidance, recommendations and insights to the business. Positioned within the Customer Value Analytics chapter this role uses a proactive approach to demonstrate the value of analytics and how it can be applied to business decisions which improve customer outcomes, achieve targets and explore growth opportunities.
Working within the digital analytics team, you will be a strong contributor to the analytics strategy, capability and delivery of insight and analytics. The team is being established as a core function of the Digital space at Optus to help realise the vision of becoming a customer-centric, digital telco. This is driven by a data and advanced analytics capability that delivers exceptional and cost effective employee and customer experiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively engage and collaborate with key BU stakeholders to translate complex business questions into analytical tasks
- Performing data, statistical and commercial analysis to understand how customer behaviour, product changes and market dynamics impact the consumer business
- Consolidating information and data from across the digital team to present a comprehensive view of customer behaviour and market trends including Research, Data Scientists, Commercial, External Market Analysis and Marketing effectiveness
- Ongoing engagement campaigns, delivering findings back to collaborators to drive well-informed decision-making
- The effective interpretation of business trends, customer behaviours and market dynamics are critical to the success of the company
If you have the following, we'd love to hear from you!
- Strong experience using sophisticated analytics to acquire insights, which drive business change such as but not limited to; driving sales, change, better customer experience
- Proven ability to interpret business relevant results from analysis and apply to impact outcomes
- Complex stakeholder management to align across a common set of goals and influence business outcomes
- Great communication skills and ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and exposure to systems such as Tableau and Cognos
- Advanced SQL and Alteryx experience highly valued
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we're a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services, including personal mobile
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Business facing role with a high exposure of engagement with senior leaders
- Hybrid working with a vibrant campus life, variety of facilities including restaurants, cafes, gymnasium, GP and post office!
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
As a provider of essential services across Australia, Optus has a critical role in the community through keeping our customers connected to the people they love and the things that matter. It is also our priority to ensure we provide our amazing people and our customers with a healthy and safe workplace environment. In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.