About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
As part of Northern Trust’s Global Threat Management Team, a Data Scientist will lead the effort in the incorporation of machine learning and data analytics to our existing security stack. The candidate will incorporate novel ideas and work on advanced projects related to User and Entity Behaviour Analytics, UEBA. Additionally, the candidate will develop a portfolio of related research by extending existing work and proposing new methods to improve the security posture of the firm.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and imaginative problem solving skill sets. Ideal candidate is creative and unafraid to build a solution from a blank-sheet of paper through stakeholder engagement and formal/informal requirements gathering.
- Candidate must be comfortable with iterative, trial-and-error problem solving to achieve the result (e.g. iterative discovery of data feature selection, problem decompaction, algorithm development and refinement.)
- Develop software, typically in Python, to independently acquire data from disparate sources (databases, files, APIs, etc.) and combine them into appropriate training, validation, and testing datasets
- Analyse raw datasets using descriptive statistics, working directly with domain experts to understand the meaning of data fields
- Build unit tests, data quality checks and data pipelines to ensure that algorithms use trusted data
- Develop and maintain an understanding of many algorithms across supervised learning, unsupervised learning and time series analysis
- Propose and develop machine learning ensemble methods that exhibit the best out-of-sample characteristics possible given the input dataset
- Utilize expertise in machine learning algorithms to tune algorithms using available hyper-parameters and carefully select feature subsets
- Work across multiple projects in a fluid environment where work is required across the full research lifecycle from forming a hypothesis, acquiring data, and developing ETL-style software to presenting findings.
- Work with external parties (vendors, universities, etc.) to incorporate new techniques and tools into the Global Threat Management security stack.
- Proven experience solving analytical problems
- Excellent collaboration and creative skills
- Extensive work experience in a technology field.
- Python, Common Python libraries (numpy ,pandas, sklearn, etc.), Linux based operating systems, and basic development tools (Python IDEs, source control, etc.)
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science / Engineering, Informatics, Information Systems or a related field of study.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.