At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s unique dataset contains billions of interactions between users and local businesses around the globe, from a user reviewing a neighborhood coffee shop to requesting a repair quote with a photo of a leaky faucet. Data Scientists at Yelp work to make sense of these interactions to deliver impactful analyses and products to our users, business partners, and the general public.
The Data Science team performs analyses, builds models, and designs experiments that directly impact Yelp’s business and users. Our centralized team is the most wide-ranging consumer of data at Yelp, adept at tasks from modeling content growth and user behavior to sharing insights about the health of local economies. With varied backgrounds and expertise, we strive for learning and growth in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Several years of experience as a data scientist and industry experience in a quantitative role
- Fluency with SQL and Python for data analysis
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design, and analysis
- Enthusiasm for clean code and sharing reproducible results
- Communication skills to work with partners on product, engineering, and sales teams
- An eye for great data visualization (Matplotlib, Plotly, Tableau, Power BI, Mode, or Looker)
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based in or willing to relocate within the United Kingdom or Germany
- Define key metrics to track Yelp’s performance and inform product decisions
- Assess and frame questions from partners into actionable deliverables
- Design, execute, and analyze complex experiments impacting millions of users
- Devise and evaluate models for diverse business needs, such as identifying growth opportunities, demonstrating impact of advertisements, and matching consumers to businesses
- Own analyses from start to finish and communicate key insights to stakeholders
- Share your technical skills to develop and maintain high-quality, reusable analysis tools
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- £58 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.