WE ARE BETCLIC
A leader in Europe in sports betting and online games, Betclic is a French company with:
- 11 million players vibrating to the rhythm of sports competitions
- A wide range of sports betting, poker, casino games and online horse betting
- More than 50 sports open to betting
- 300,000 sports events available to bet on each year
- 60,000 live sporting events broadcast each month
- More than 3,000 casino games to try out
- Over 2 million poker games played each month
- Numerous official partnerships; for example in France : the FFF, Ligue 1 Uber Eats, the Coupe de France, Rugby Top 14 (LNR), the Betclic Elite in basket-ball (LNB), UBB, Boxers de Bordeaux…
Since its inception in 2005, Betclic has been a “mobile-only” technology company driven by an unwavering passion for sport. Guided by the emotion and fun of the game, Betclic develops mobile entertainment applications that place its customers at the heart of a unique gaming experience and innovate with agility and speed to offer more games and more fun to its players. Our ambition? To provide our customers with the most entertaining gaming experience with simple, immersive and innovative applications.
Headquartered in Bordeaux, Betclic is a multicultural and international company with more than 38 nationalities among its 800 employees in five European countries: France, Italy, Malta, Poland and Portugal.
The profiles sought are those who have the ambition to work as a team, are ready to take up challenges, each more exciting than the next, and those who have a desire to create solutions offering a new and unique customer experience.
Does the world of sport and games excite you? Do you like challenges and participating in our collective effort?
Betclic invites you to join the adventure!
#JoinBetclic #WeAreBetclicENTER THE GAME
You will join the Data Analytics team, part of a larger Data team which also includes Data Science, Data Product Management and Product Analytics teams. The Analytics team mission is to grow the business by identifying critical insights and high value opportunities. You'll integrate a fast growing team of +30 passionate individuals tackling challenges of all sorts: from scaling marketing campaign analytics to building complex customer segmentations to predicting the outcome of the next football game.YOUR ROLE WITHIN BETCLIC
As a Senior Sports Data Analyst, you will join the Betting Analytics team, where you will support the Sports in team on various projects to improve and build a best-in-class product .
Your mission will be:
- Partner with product and business leaders to scope out their challenges and work collaboratively to find the right solutions to improve core KPIs
- Work with product owners in creating AB test strategies that yield actionable results
- Proactively identify areas of friction for customers and work with the relevant stakeholders to improve the UX
- Feed into betting squad roadmap prioritization by leveraging your business knowledge to produce convincing analysis
- Work with stakeholders within the Betting team to enhance their oversight of performance with KPIs tailored to their needs
What you can expect to work on:
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Conduct analysis into product features that have been deployed and measure the performance of them with recommendations of improvements
- Identify areas of friction in players UX on the app, from how the trading team manage risk to how the product is configured and recommend solutions to minimize it
- Work as part of the team to automate various trading decisions
You should apply if:
- You have at least 3 years of Data Analytics experience (internships included)
- You have a degree in a Quantitative field i.e Math's, computer science, engineering, statistics, economics etc
- You proactively anticipate the needs of stakeholders
- You are business-minded - you can understand the business problems and produce an analysis catered to their needs
- You have an excellent understanding of analytical methodologies and the process to deliver analysis
- You contribute to roadmap planning with concise projects that can add value to the team
- You have excellent understanding of probabilities and applications to real world situations
- You have excellent understanding of statistics and deterministic modeling
- You have good understanding of SQL with the ability to extract and manipulate data autonomously
- You are curious and can ask questions to try to understand the problems
- You have great communication and presentation skills
- You are agile and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
WHAT ARE THE RECRUITMENT STEPS?
- You have previous experience in the Sportsbetting industry
- You are familiar with at least one Data visualization tool : Tableau, PowerBI etc
- You have good understanding of stochastic modeling
- You know a programming language to produce simulations
- You are aware of Git & versioning concepts
- You have an understanding of Betting principles (i.e odds probabilities, closing line value, margin application, differentiation of limits etc)
- Shall your application be retained, you’ll be contacted by Elodie to pass an online technical test & a 30-minutes HR screening
- You’ll then be asked to pass the AssessFirst test (drive, fit & reasoning)
- You’ll then meet with Fahad - Senior Analytics Manager, then with Iouri - Chief Data Officer
- Finally, Elodie will see you again for a final HR interview during which we’ll discuss your AssessFirst test results
In order to provide an optimal applicant experience, the overall hiring process at Betclic lasts 4 to 6 weeks.WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Open-minded and respectful team mates with a sense of humor and passionate with the job!
- Access to a state of the art data stack (Snowflake, Airflow, git, Tableau,...)
- Complex challenges with well structured data thanks to our BI team, let's start analyzing
- Vibrant analytical topics: imagine the future of online gambling
- Regular training on skills you want to develop further (ML, Stats but also French or English classes)
- An attractive compensation package
- 25 days of paid leave and 10 days of compensatory rest
- A Ticket Restaurant card® funded to the tune of 50% (10 euros/day)
- A health insurance policy covered up to 100% for you and your children
- A transport subscription supported up to 50% or an annual premium of sustainable mobility (200 euros for the journey home-work in sustainable transport)
- A mobility pack (moving aid)
- Work flexibility covered by a telecommuting agreement (min 4 days per month at the office)
- A constant focus on skills development with a personalized annual training program
- Career development in an international environment
- Unique premises with a rooftop designed to enjoy regular entertainment, breaks and lunches in the sun in front of the “ Cité du Vin”
- Sports sessions twice a week
And the opportunity to work in a friendly, youthful and fun atmosphere!Indefinite contract
position to be filled as soon as possible.
All of our positions are open to people with disabilities.