POSITION SUMMARY: With general supervision, the Procurement Data Analyst assists the Senior Procurement Data Analyst and/or Category leaders with stakeholder needs analyses, including collecting and analyzing data from disparate sources, performing market and industry trend analysis, evaluating supply sources, and preparing and communicating results to stakeholders. This role also provides key assistance with overall category initiatives including coordination of supplier management activities.
- Performs price and cost analysis in support of total cost of ownership analysis, utilizing understanding of the difference between price and cost and their respective relationship to volume.
- Maintains and interprets spend and savings data to measure supplier performance, identify trends, and gaps.
- Contributes to the selection and management of key suppliers through appropriate analysis, evaluation and documentation.
- Communicates regularly with internal stakeholders to maintain knowledge of stakeholders’ business and opportunities and anticipate their needs/requests.
- Communicates regularly with suppliers, analyzing and evaluating their performance.
- Uncovers issues, evaluates various courses of action, and promotes the best option for resolution.
- Accesses and compiles large amounts of data and applies statistical techniques to analyze the data, forecast, interpret, and quantify trends on various aspects of information.
- Obtains data for cost analysis studies respective to assigned categories and conducts spend analysis as necessary to support sourcing activities.
- Analyzes and recommends the use of alternative sources or materials to reduce cost.
- Aligns with sourcing initiatives and leverages internal and external resources to assist with and perform research to develop the supply base. Develops a comprehensive understanding of the supply base.
- Performs market and industry trend analysis, evaluates supply sources, and assists stakeholders in identifying solutions to their needs.
- Identifies and analyzes data from disparate sources to derive insights and turn data into actionable information.
- Conducts spend analyses of moderate complexity to support sourcing related activities, using intermediate to advanced analytical modeling techniques to understand supplier price and cost.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting.
- 1-3 years of supply chain and/or equivalent experience (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Transportation, Operations, etc.).
- Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet and database management tools; advanced MS Excel skills including VBA programming, macros, and advanced formulas.
- Experience with intermediate SQL querying.
- Experience with MS PowerPoint and Access and eProcurement systems.
- Experience analyzing and documenting medium to complex business processes or problems using intermediate to advanced statistical and analytical modeling techniques and with a focus on detail, cost drivers, and total cost of ownership.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks with varying and sometimes competing timelines.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.