Are you interested in changing the landscape of Ed Tech, working on products which can benefit anyone, anywhere?
Sololearn is on a mission to build the most fun, accessible, and effective technical learning experience worldwide. We aim to help anyone, anywhere bridge the technical skills gap to future, life-changing careers. We’re changing the way people learn how to code by building a habit-forming experience for people to learn at their own pace, with bite-sized lessons and unique ways to practice.
Joining Sololearn is an opportunity to build products which benefit the millions of current learners in our community, the enterprise sector across multiple industries, and the billions of learners who will want or need to reskill over the next decade.
We change lives by teaching people how to code. Want to join us?
SoloLearn is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Data Analyst to join our global product team and help shape the future of our learning experience. The perfect person is not afraid of ownership, and is determined to understand the users and help them reach their educational goals. To work with us means to:
- Integrate with the product teams alongside product managers, product designers and software engineers and support the team with data-driven decisions
- Define and crystallize the team metrics that represent and summarize user behaviour
- Conduct user behaviour research and communicate the results of your analyses to team members
- Act as a data detective constantly aware of key metrics so as to astutely observe any changes and trends in user behavior and promptly explore and explain the reasons for the shifts
- Support the team with product experimentation (A/B testing), including designing the evaluation framework for each experiment, collecting the data, conducting the analysis, communicating the results to the team, and providing relevant suggestions
- Assume managerial responsibilities, as well as mentor and lead junior team members
We want you to feel challenged, yet comfortable at Sololearn :). To make sure we’re a good match, you should have most of the following:
- Very strong analytical skills:
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing clear and easy to understand metrics and dashboards/visualizations
- The ability to translate business requirements to technical implementations
- The ability to effectively communicate your analyses to groups of stakeholders);
- Very strong software skills:
- Fluent in SQL, and skilled in writing complex queries requiring multiple joins and nested queries
- Fluent in Python, including the basic DS stack (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, MatPlotLib, Plotly, Sci-Kit, Learn, among others)
- Fluent in Excel, including effective usage of formulas, pivot tables and charts
- Demonstrated fluency with statistics and probabilities, including hypothesis testing; statistical inference; sampling, selection, confirmation biases; multiple comparisons problem, non-parametric methods
- Experience with machine learning, including (linear (multiple) regression, logistic regression, decision trees, clustering and dimensionality reduction algorithms, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Exemplary critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a leadership role that has required mentorship and growth of direct reports or of more junior members of the staff
SoloLearn is a global organization with a distributed workforce that encourages travel between our offices, avoids boring people, and loves to have fun together. If you think we’re a fit together, let us know by applying to the position.
SoloLearn is an equal opportunity employer. SoloLearn makes all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.