- Assists in the development of large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs
- Applies understanding of key business drivers to accomplish own work
- Uses expertise, judgment and precedents to contribute to the resolution of moderately complex problems
- Leads portions of initiatives of limited scope, with guidance and direction
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing
- Collaborates with client team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines
- Uses programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems
- Builds data marts and data models to support clients and other internal customers
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location. Required Qualifications
- 1+ years of progressively complex related experience
COVID RequirementsCOVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
- Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions
- Has strong knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
Master’s degree or PhD preferred Business Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.