NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Airbnb and Uber, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Sequoia Capital, GLP and Brookfield Ventures.
About The Role:
The mission of the Machine Learning (ML) team at NEXT is to build and deliver business critical ML solutions. As a key member of the ML team you will work on a broad range of business/technical problems and technologies, build machine learning models, and design/automate/deploy production machine learning pipelines. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Next, you will have the opportunity to make an outsized impact on the future direction of our ML platform. The problem domains you will work on will be diverse and include pricing, smart routing and user modeling. You should be comfortable and effective working remotely or with remote team members. To be successful, in addition to a strong technical background, you must also be an excellent communicator in all dimensions: able to truly listen and understand the most important challenges across the engineering org, while also being a champion and evangelist for the right technical solutions.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, automate, deploy and maintain machine learning production pipelines.
- Implement machine learning model lifecycle management, including automated model performance evaluation and retraining.
- Work with large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Build ML models to solve critical business needs across core domains.
- Help develop the next generation of Next’s proprietary pricing engine.
- Integrate state of the art industry tools into Next’s ML platform
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to integrate machine learning into the wider Next technology platform.
- Write clear technical documentation and communicate processes and results effectively, both at the team level as well as across the company..
Your Experience Might Include:
- 5+ years relevant engineering work experience.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; with project experience in machine learning and/or statistical modeling.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience creating ML and/or data pipelines.
- Development experience in Python is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of common machine learning concepts, frameworks and libraries.
- Experience working with public cloud. AWS (strongly preferred), GCP, Azure.
- Track record of leading initiatives and working autonomously.
- Strong communications skills, and ability to influence/educate across the entire org.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Pipeline automation tools like Airflow.
- Previous experience with applying ML to problems in logistics, pricing, routing, recommendation engines or similar projects.
What you'll get:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry