What if... your work would empower change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that - disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of more than 600 technology and logistics experts, forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless, and sustainable digital supply chain.
Our company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and currently has in total of 12 offices across Europe and Asia, including Copenhagen, Hamburg, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Leading manufacturers and e-commerce brands are among the 2.500 customers using Forto’s digitally-focused offerings as part of their supply chain delivery. Among the fastest-growing logistic start-ups in Europe, Forto's recent investment round in June 2021 demonstrated the confidence of top venture firms in Forto’s business model and product portfolio.
We are looking for results-oriented data scientists who are ready to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems of global trade and supply chain. At Forto, the data science team works on a variety of problems ranging from demand and supply forecasting to pricing scenario analysis and algorithms developed to support our internal and external product decisions. The ideal candidate for our Data Science team is expected to have passion and curiosity towards solving big and complex problems while bringing data and rigorous analytical thinking to shape the company’s product and business decisions.
- Build analytics frameworks and models to identify and conceptualize opportunities for product growth and operational efficiency Partner with product managers, engineers, and logistics managers to translate analytical insights into decisions and actions
- Deep dive into the current industry and business practices of global trade, supply chain, and freight forwarding to identify opportunities for improving Forto products and services
- Communicate results in a clear business-focused narrative and act on product decisions
- Establish metrics that measure the health of our products, as well as internal and external customer experience
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance
- Be accountable for the completeness, accuracy, and scale of your data sources
- An advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, or a similar domain
- 6+ years of industry experience in data science, product analytics, investment banking, or related quantitative role
- 2+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
- Proficiency and experience in writing structured and efficient queries on large data sets with data querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop/Hive
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Working knowledge of ETL, automation scripts, data pipelines, and visualization tools
- Experience in data collection and feature extraction on tabular and time-based data
- Experience in data science concepts such as dimension reduction, classification, regression, feature extraction, feature hashing and bias/variance trade-offs
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Experience in automation workflow tools such as Matillion and Argo is a plus
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to be an Expert or People Lead.
- Growth & Impact: We are a fast-growing European start-up that is leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and shares a high awareness of environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 40 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business, and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
Culture Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w.
At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.