Our client is a prominent top 100 ASX listed company operating within the energy and infrastructure industry. A global presence with operations in Northern America, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, this organization is the market leader in its field.
With a reputation predicated on quality of service to clients and offering un-paralleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best talent in Sydney.
As the Data Engineer in our Data Science team, you will be responsible for designing and deploying scaleable, enterprise grade and machine learning models.
You will contribute to a variety of technologies, depending on the requirements of the business based in Sydney, Perth and Brisbane.
Projects will include but not be limited to analytics, data enablement and machine learning modeling. Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
The successful candidate:
- Use engineering principles to design, develop and implement new processes and applications for data collection, storage, analysis, and visualisation;
- Develop, deploy, and operate large scale data storage and processing solutions using distributed and cloud-based platforms for storing data
- Design, build, operate relational and non-relational databases (SQL and NoSQL), integrate them with Data Warehouse solutions, ensure effective ELT/ETL, OLTP, OLAP processes for large datasets.
- Manage technology and capability to maintain historical information on data handling, including reference to published data and corresponding data sources (data provenance)
The Data Engineer will have demonstrable experience of working in a complex Data Science environment, applying Machine Learning techniques, advanced analytics, and statistical modelling.
The must haves for this roles include:
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques;
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across several platforms including Data Lake, online caches and real-time systems
- Experienced in Scala, Python, SQL, SparkSQL and ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory).
You will be a motivated self starter who enjoys dealing with a myriad of internal stakeholders and will be able to coach senior executives along the data science journey.
What's on offer?
Based 5 minutes from Circular Quay, our client offers beautiful office space with harbour views and a plethora of cafes, gyms and restaurants near by.
The position will initially be a 6 month contract with a daily rate of c.$900-1000 a day + super. The intention is that the successful candidate will be moved to a permanent hire in the new financial year.
We guarantee that all candidates who apply for this role will receive a call from the Troocoo team if the following must haves are met:
- Full working rights in Australia
- 7 + years of data engineering experience
- Exposure to Scala, Python, SQL, SparkSQL and ETL design
- Experience with workflow management engines