In Global Business Services, we support BASF's divisions with a cross-functional network. As a dedicated service unit, we provide solutions as required by the company with a strong customer focus. In three regional service delivery units and six global service clusters, we offer our services in a needs-based, efficient, effective and solutions-oriented manner.RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Science team in the Global Technology Unit as part of the BASF Global Business Services implements new solutions and algorithms to improve and extent our services together with Data Analysts in the Service Delivery Units. This includes creating a framework for use case management, getting privileged access to expert databases and tools, sharing of best practices as well as the technical implementation of use cases. As Senior Data Scientist you will:
- coordinate the Data Science team and you are responsible for the technical set-up.
- identify and shape use cases together with business partners to achieve measurable results.
- help improve and extent our technical toolbox by adding new functionalities, e.g. predictive models.
- assure process and output quality by regularly checking relevant use case parameters.
- actively share learnings and best practices to increase the added value of our team.
- completed PhD or Master´s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning or other data centric disciplines
- about 3 years business experience in process optimization, experience in applying statistical and predictive models and strong analytical ability
- advanced knowledge of machine learning algorithms, scripting languages and tools (e.g. Python, R, Spark, Cybernetic Cluster, Azure DevOps, AWS etc.)
- advanced project management skills
- effective and confident communication in English
- willingness to take responsibility and demonstrate persistence in order to achieve goals and exceed expectations, even in tough situations
- Please indicate in your application documents your salary requirements and your earliest possible starting date.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Ms. Isabelle Bludau (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 59773At BASF, the chemistry is right.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
BASF Services Europe GmbH can be found in the heart of Berlin and delivers a range of services for the BASF Group across Europe as a "Shared Service Center". We are an international team of 2000 employees from more than 50 nations and we bring together know-how in the areas of finance, controlling, HR, procurement, product safety and digitalization. We place an emphasis on teamwork and commitment and put diversity and inclusion into practice every day.
Learn more about the SSC at http://www.on.basf.com/ServicesEuropeEN
Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.