Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Data Science and Advanced Analytics
Data Science and Advanced Analytics - with departments in Frankfurt, Philadelphia, Paris, London, Milan, Madrid and Warsaw as well as a network of over 300 team members worldwide - is the global competence centre for data science at IQVIA. Complex advanced analysis powered by machine learning are conceptualized and implemented to support international customers in the pharmaceutical industry - often within multinational projects. As a member of our team you can expect exciting international projects with interesting development perspectives.
Senior Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics– the role
- Development of machine learning solutions and technologies and high scale deployment
- Development and execution of advanced analytics in the area of Commercial Effectiveness and Real World Evidence in collaboration with European local offices
- Development of innovative methodologies to deliver custom solutions
- Using machine learning techniques to predict disease outcomes and early diagnoses
- Using machine learning techniques to predict impact of commercial activities
- Selection and application of machine learning techniques, in connection with Pharma Big Data to identify complex patterns
- Working with technology teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms
- Automation of machine learning solutions
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science or related field
- Experience with the design and delivery of advanced machine learning projects in either academic or commercial settings
- Excellent knowledge and in depth understanding of Machine Learning methods including regularized regressions, ensemble tree classifiers (e.g. xgboost), support vector machines, deep learning methods. Very good knowledge of the higher statistical and econometric methods in theory and practice.
- Experience applying Machine Learning methods to business questions
- Excellent programming skills in Python including significant experience with data science and machine-learning packages such as Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Experience developing scalable solutions and pipelines to handle large and complex data
- Experience with handling Big Data
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including technical aspects of a project, ability to develop usable documentation, results interpretation and business recommendations
- Local language skills to an advanced level (spoken and written), with complete fluency in English.
- Strong analytic mindset and logical thinking capability, strong QC mindset
- Demonstrates consulting, creativity, critical thinking, project planning, and attention to detail capabilities
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical market and experience with pharmaceutical data (medical, hospital, pharmacy, claims data) would be a plus, but not a must
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.