Established in late 2021, Portugal is PagerDuty’s latest European location
, with activity further bolstered by a sales team across the continent.
Dutonians in Portugal are valued members of our global team, with equal access to competitive pay and benefits, learning and development programs, structured career architecture and opportunities for advancement, company culture events, and the enriching experience of collaborating with colleagues all around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist
who is passionate about shaping the future of AI driven product development at PagerDuty. Our Data Science Core team’s mission is to transform how PagerDuty leverages ML and data-driven applications to support incident response, surface operational insights, and improve the lives of our on-call responders through human and machine intelligence.
Our team is leading the way in developing ML-driven features, using both traditional machine learning as well as generative AI technology, and surfacing actionable insights for our product development teams including incubating ML-innovations around prediction, search, recommendations, and product discovery.
In your role, you will work with cross-functional teams of Engineers, product owners, and experienced designers, enabling teams across the organization to implement and scale machine learning and data products.
- Identify, formulate and drive ML projects to support the PagerDuty product development organization
- Leverage and grow your expertise in new and existing technologies to support the evolution of our ML products.
- Flex your collaboration and leadership skills by working closely with teams across the organization to help identify opportunities for ML impact, and educate and socialize internally ML products.
- Contribute to and drive best practices and processes in ML at the team and organizational level.
- Communicate complex ideas, in multiple delivery formats, to both expert and non-expert colleagues.
- Support junior data scientists’ growth through mentoring and project pairing
- Experience being in a SaaS or similar product environment
- Proficient in Scripting languages like Python
- Exposure to and working hands on with AWS
- Experience coaching and mentoring
- Innovation driven. You have experience with rapid iteration and prototyping, and have an agile mindset.
- Experienced in modern machine learning techniques and technologies (including deep learning approaches) and continuous learning driven
- Experience working in a SaaS environment is always a plus
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How We Work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What We Offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your Package May Include
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.