Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a key member of the Analyst team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will grow and develop as you conduct and manage outcomes of various studies. You will be challenged to analyze, review, and forecast data for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data and presenting recommendations for business solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the Business and the Development Teams to implement solutions effectively and adjust solutions as needed based on dynamic nature of program
- Perform business & functional analysis (Stand-alone) for project requirements and Knowledge of the Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles and document the current and future process and Interviewing stakeholders and end users to elicit better understanding of the business need
- Consult with managers and Architects to determine the role of the IT systems in an organization
- Coordinate in High-level and Low-level Design Sessions including writing technical project documentation and Translate Business Requirements into Detailed design documents (Logical & Physical)
- Creating data flow diagram, diagram for logical operational steps of programs, Context Diagrams and Documenting on Conceptual Model
- Create workflow diagram for data feeding from multiple sources to one system or vice versa
- Design and implement efficient and effective functional design solutions
- Creating new functionality to existing systems by changing the data model of the Data warehouse
- Creating Process Map (Business) and Mapping document from Source system to Target system
- Creating Data mapping from legacy systems to new system and creating data requirements and report requirements Specifications
- Constructs and executes moderate to complex SQL queries and reviews data profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains of data under analysis and, document existing and potential future data relationships
- Creating Use cases /Data Model / Page Spec/ Data Mapping/Mockups documents for the project
- Create Audit reports for all HEDIS measures for different Line of Business such as Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial for specific health plans
- Conduct data analysis in regard to business and audit needs
- Run and Create HEDIS Reports through QSI-XL Inovalon tool
- Analyze and provide solution for business problems, such as development of integrated production, changed requirements and cost analysis systems (estimating work)
- Analyze, Plan and Design data warehouse, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and Reverse engineering if needed
- Design and develop new systems by choosing the configuring hardware and software
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards by using database applications and tools such as Bigdata, Teradata, SQL, etc.
- Coordinate with ETL team to provide required coding or scripts to build an application for particular systems projects
- Prepares and coordinates requirement documents among business users; develops designs and implements ETL Procedures for intake of data from both internal and external data sources
- Perform application operational processing
- Test, maintain, and monitor data warehouse for particular systems project
- Perform defect tracking and defect resolution management
- Working with end users to help and test the specific application was build and providing instructions - UAT
- Coordinate and interact with appropriate clients on defects, changes, issues and enhancements that may impact development, data, workflow and/or functionality
- Train End User’s and Business to work with specific application or data that was built based on requirements
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of Business / Data Systems Analysis
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets utilizing UHG approved data analytic tools (i.e. DBeaver, Toad, Teradata, MySQL, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in reading and writing moderate to complex SQL commands and accurately assessing results
- 3+ years of experience and working knowledge of HEDIS® and HEDIS® -like measures and related technical specifications/requirements
- 3+ years of experience within the health care industry with specific knowledge of claims, member or provider data
- 2+ years of experience with unit testing
- Experience gathering requirements from the client / business and documenting
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Experience with Agile
- Knowledge on technologies such as QSI-XL Inovalon, Bigdata, Hive, DataStage
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Solid analytical, reasoning, problem solving, organization and negotiation skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Data Analyst, HEDIS, SQL, Claims, Hive, DataStage, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote