As a Data Engineering Analyst/Consultant at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyze structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our clients achieve business outcomes and objectives. In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators, and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Preferred Education Background:
- Experience as an Azure Data Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Good understanding OR ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Knowledge/experience in Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS.
- You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident with full working rights.