About The Role
It's a great time to join us at Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC)! ARC accelerates the growth of global air travel by delivering forward-looking travel data, flexible distribution services and other innovative industry solutions. We are a leading travel intelligence company with the world’s largest, most comprehensive global airline ticket dataset, including more than 15 billion passenger flights. By working here, you can contribute to solutions and expertise that strengthen economies and enrich lives. We think big, embrace challenges and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
ARC is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team! As a Data Engineer you will provide product teams’ software development and product delivery support for data products . Additionally, you will be r esponsible for product delivery data pip e lines and product lifecycle with direction from the Product Owner, the Solution Owner and technical guidance from Solution Architects.What You'll Get To Do
You'll Bring These Qualifications
- Support data pipeline development by contributing to and or leveraging existing architectural patterns to deliver the optimal product related to data; including but not limited to establishing and communicating design patterns, automation, recovery, and operational run books. Mentor other engineers. Cross functional collaboration and provide overall technical and thought leadership to other teams as needed.
- Partner with product owners and business SMEs to analyze the business need and provide a supportable and sustainable engineered solution. Ensure that the overall technical solution is aligned with the business needs and aheres to ARC’s Architectural Guiding Principals.
- Help drive the creation and modifications of the product portfolio components, identify and engage all technical resources necessary to contribute to the solution. Ensure the solution is consistent with ARC architecture, design and development standards.
- Develop datapipe lines using industry best practices. Make adjustments to adopt new methodologies that provide the business with increased flexibility and agility.
- Stay current with latest cloud technologies, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders. Maybe required to present ideas to larger audience for review and buy-in.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of experience with full cycle application development (Full SDLC experience: design, development, delivery, etc.),
- 3+ years with Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 3 + years of experience implementing modern applications using:
- Cloud Based Solutions/Technologies (AWS, Google, Azure) . AWS tech stack including, but not limited to, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, Cloudwatch , SNS/SQS, Step Functions, Fargate
- Implementation of modern application and infrastructure design patterns, including micro-services and containers, disposable, reactive, stateless and distributed patterns
- Open source technologies including, but not limited to, NodeJS, OpenJDK, React , Python and NoSQL, DynamoDB database(s)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools including, but not limited to, Terraform/Cloud formation, CI/CD pipe line tool like Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, automated test and deployment tools
- Data warehouse platforms (such as Snowflake, and Redshift) . Expertise with SQL, database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and datamart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.)
- Experience w/Data Lake concepts and design patters (AWS S3, parquet, python, lambda, java, NoSQL
- BI Technologies (such as Tableau, Jasper, Cognos, Qlik, Looker, and others)
- Understanding of Data Management and Data governance best practices
- Proven ability to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience leading small technical teams to mentor and guide multiple-disciplined (full stack) technical teams
- Ability to discover and define functional requirements and to transform them into technical requirements and solution s
- A bility to influence technology strategy and best practices across peer and leadership groups to support an agile development culture
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences
- A strong intellectual curiosity to continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market
- A strong passion to support peers to help meet timelines on larger projects
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- ARC offers WorkFlex. WorkFlex is ARC’s new work model, allowing employees in eligible roles to work virtually without set days in the office. ARC employees can work from the office, at home, or any combination of the two. There will be times when it is important to gather in-person and WorkFlex employees will be expected to come into the office or another location, when needed.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply